Postgres usage of session identifiers for security

From
Keith Minsel

Can anyone describe how Postgres generates session identifiers and how Postgres uses a session identifier for community action protection?

More specifically, will Postgres allow a session identifier to be non-system generated?  How does Postgres respond when presented with a non-system generated session identifier?

My security team is asking and I can't find any documentation on this.

Thanks,
Keith

Re: Postgres usage of session identifiers for security

From
Marti Raudsepp
Date:
On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Keith Minsel <minselk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone describe how Postgres generates session identifiers and how
> Postgres uses a session identifier for community action protection?

PostgreSQL is a database system, it does not "generate session identifiers".

You probably have an application that uses PostgreSQL, you should look
into that application instead.

Regards,
Marti