Regex files are missing

From
"Janek Sendrowski"
Date:
Hi,

Have some issues to built the pg_trgm module from source.
For first the regexport.h file was missing in /usr/include, so I got it.
Now I still need the the regexport.c file and probably also the other one
You can see the files in this link:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=src/backend/regex;h=a30f70549052ee6828616d933d72d0ea84922ba7;hb=refs/heads/master

But I don't know where to put them. I don't have a usr/backend directory in ubuntu.
Anyways it's very weird. Why don't I have these files?
Do I have to install something for example.

Hope there is someone who can help me

Janek Sendrowski

Re: Regex files are missing

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 11/18/2013 07:34 AM, Janek Sendrowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have some issues to built the pg_trgm module from source.
> For first the regexport.h file was missing in /usr/include, so I got it.
> Now I still need the the regexport.c file and probably also the other one
> You can see the files in this link:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=src/backend/regex;h=a30f70549052ee6828616d933d72d0ea84922ba7;hb=refs/heads/master

> But I don't know where to put them. I don't have a usr/backend directory in ubuntu.
> Anyways it's very weird. Why don't I have these files?
> Do I have to install something for example.
>
> Hope there is someone who can help me

FYI I find those files in the source I downloaded from the Postgres site:

aklaver@panda:~/test/postgresql-9.3.1> find -name regexport.c
./src/backend/regex/regexport.c
aklaver@panda:~/test/postgresql-9.3.1> find -name regexport.h
./src/include/regex/regexport.h

So:

What version of Postgres  are you working with?

Where did you get your source code?

How are you doing your build?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: Regex files are missing

Date:
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> writes:
> On 11/18/2013 07:34 AM, Janek Sendrowski wrote:
>> Have some issues to built the pg_trgm module from source.

> FYI I find those files in the source I downloaded from the Postgres site:

Sounds like Janek is trying to build 9.3 pg_trgm against a pre-9.3
server installation.  Won't work.  Get the matching version of pg_trgm.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Regex files are missing

From
"Janek Sendrowski"
Date:
Hi,

My current version is 9.2. I could just update it.

I got the pg_trgm from here:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=contrib/pg_trgm;hb=refs/heads/master

And the regex files from here:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=src/include/regex;h=f65341c80ea8516a1e02a8b57d9c27d3034eaba4;hb=refs/heads/master

Where could I get the matching version of pg_trgm?

Janek Sendrowksi

Re: Regex files are missing

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 11/18/2013 08:32 AM, Janek Sendrowski wrote:
> Hi,
> My current version is 9.2. I could just update it.
> I got the pg_trgm from here:
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=contrib/pg_trgm;hb=refs/heads/master
> And the regex files from here:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=src/include/regex;h=f65341c80ea8516a1e02a8b57d9c27d3034eaba4;hb=refs/heads/master
> Where could I get the matching version of pg_trgm?

So you are trying to backport the development version of pg_trgm to 9.2?

I may be wandering out of my depth here, but I am going to say that is
not going to work. Others may have a better grasp on the feasibility of
doing that though.

If it is not otherwise a problem I would suggest upgrading to 9.3, which
has the features you want. Of course this is a major upgrade with all
that entails, so proceed with caution.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: Regex files are missing

From
Kevin Grittner
Date:
Janek Sendrowski <janek12@web.de> wrote:

> My current version is 9.2. I could just update it.

> I got the pg_trgm from here:
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=contrib/pg_trgm;hb=refs/heads/master

Get a production release version from the snapshot tarball
downloads or use a URL that looks more like one of these:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=contrib/pg_trgm;hb=refs/tags/REL9_2_5

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=contrib/pg_trgm;hb=refs/heads/REL9_2_STABLE

> And the regex files from here:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=tree;f=src/include/regex;h=f65341c80ea8516a1e02a8b57d9c27d3034eaba4;hb=refs/heads/master

The include files should be under your installation directory.  You
should not need to download those.  To use the installed include
files when you build, see this page:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/extend-pgxs.html

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Regex files are missing

From
"Janek Sendrowski"
Date:
Thanks for your help!
I updated to version 9.3 and now it's working.

Janek Sendrowski