Postgres Server backend process

From
Jayadevan M

The pdf shows the daemon process doing authentication and spawning a process to handle the request from the client.
The code has these comments -
"When a request message is received, we now fork() immediately. The child process performs authentication of the request,"
Now authentication is done by the Backend process and not by the daemon?

Regards,
Jayadevan

Re: Postgres Server backend process

From
Albe Laurenz
Date:
Jayadevan M wrote:
> The code has these comments -
> "When a request message is received, we now fork() immediately. The child process performs
> authentication of the request,"
>
> Now authentication is done by the Backend process and not by the daemon?

Yes.

The authentication is called in InitPostgres(), which is called in PostgresMain().

Yours,
Laurenz Albe