please suggest i need to test my upgrade

From
M Tarkeshwar Rao
Date:
Hi all,

We are upgrading our mediation product from  postgres 8.1 to postgres 9.1

Can you please suggest some test cases or some issues which may hamper us?

Regards
Tarkeshwar

Re: please suggest i need to test my upgrade

From
Albe Laurenz
Date:
M Tarkeshwar Rao wrote:
> We are upgrading our mediation product from  postgres 8.1 to postgres 9.1
>
> Can you please suggest some test cases or some issues which may hamper us?

This is the first thing that comes to mind:
http://petereisentraut.blogspot.co.at/2008/03/readding-implicit-casts-in-postgresql.html

But you may encounter other incompatibilities.

Read the release nots of all major releases between 8.2 and 9.1,
but most of all, test your application well.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: please suggest i need to test my upgrade

From
Vick Khera

This is the first thing that comes to mind:
http://petereisentraut.blogspot.co.at/2008/03/readding-implicit-casts-in-postgresql.html

But you may encounter other incompatibilities.

Read the release nots of all major releases between 8.2 and 9.1,
but most of all, test your application well.

Our application has moved from Pg 7.1 thru various releases over the years to the current 9.2. The implicit cast issue and the default representation of bytea columns are the only thing that have required our application to change.

Any reason you're not moving to 9.2 instead of 9.1?