bloating vacuum

From
S H

I am doing some experiment to understand the behaviour of manual vacuum.

I created small table and started doing insertion/deletion/updation on 2 rows in infinite loop. It started bloating around 844 times, but after it stopped bloating.. what could be the reason?

In between i am running manual vacuum analyze ( without full option)

Re: bloating vacuum

From
Reid Thompson
Date:
On Tue, 2013-05-14 at 14:51 +0000, S H wrote:
> I am doing some experiment to understand the behaviour of manual
> vacuum.
>
> I created small table and started doing insertion/deletion/updation on
> 2 rows in infinite loop. It started bloating around 844 times, but
> after it stopped bloating.. what could be the reason?
>
> In between i am running manual vacuum analyze ( without full option)

Explanation is described here
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-vacuum.html

Re: bloating vacuum

From