PostgreSQL registry entries for apt-get/yum/rpm install

From
dinesh kumar
Date:
Dear Sirs,

Apologizes, if this is a duplicate question.

Would like to request you to share your valuable inputs on this. I would like to know the PostgreSQL registry entries when we install it through apt-get/yum/rpm. I mean, when we install the EnterpriseDB PostgreSQL one click installer, it creates a registry file as "/etc/postgres-reg.ini" with the entries like "Port, Data directory, Superuser, e.t.c ..". Does apt-get/yum/rpm based postgresql installation creates the same kind of registry file. If so, would you mind to share the details about the location of those files.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dinesh

Re: PostgreSQL registry entries for apt-get/yum/rpm install

From
Karsten Hilbert
Date:
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 01:21:55PM +0530, dinesh kumar wrote:

> Would like to request you to share your valuable inputs on this. I would
> like to know the PostgreSQL registry entries when we install it through
> apt-get/yum/rpm. I mean, when we install the EnterpriseDB PostgreSQL one
> click installer, it creates a registry file as "/etc/postgres-reg.ini" with
> the entries like "Port, Data directory, Superuser, e.t.c ..". Does
> apt-get/yum/rpm based postgresql installation creates the same kind of
> registry file.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Registry

Regards,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Re: PostgreSQL registry entries for apt-get/yum/rpm install

From
Jasen Betts
Date:
On 2013-04-15, dinesh kumar <dineshkumar02@gmail.com> wrote:
> --047d7b675e70cee73c04da61865c
>
> Dear Sirs,
>
> Apologizes, if this is a duplicate question.
>
> Would like to request you to share your valuable inputs on this. I would
> like to know the PostgreSQL registry entries when we install it through
> apt-get/yum/rpm.

yes, the packaged versions of postgres are recorded as being present
but this is not in a public data store like the windows registry.

See the documentation for rpm (or dpkg etc, as apropriate)
for how to test for the presence of postgresql.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Re: PostgreSQL registry entries for apt-get/yum/rpm install

From
dinesh kumar
Date:
Thank you Jasen/Karsten for your guidance.

Best Regards,
Dinesh
manojadinesh.blogspot.com