effective_io_concurrency on Windows

From
Bartosz Dmytrak
Date:
Hi all
is it possible to introduce similar solution for Windows systems in future?
I am aware it is not available because of lack of posix_fadvise function, but I believe there is a way to introduce this feature for Win systems.

Regards,
Bartek

Re: effective_io_concurrency on Windows

From
Merlin Moncure
Date:
On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Bartosz Dmytrak <bdmytrak@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> is it possible to introduce similar solution for Windows systems in future?
> I am aware it is not available because of lack of posix_fadvise function,
> but I believe there is a way to introduce this feature for Win systems.

Probably the best case scenario would be to make some library routines
that wrap the windows API and emulate posix_fadvise.  This may or may
not be possible, but win32 API does support asynchronous i/o so it
might be.

merlin