archive_mode=on on a Slave in streaming replication mode

From
"james.sewell"
Date:
Hello,

As per the topic is it possible to set archive_mode and archive_command on a
server which is configured as a streaming replication hot standby?

I've tried and it doesn't seem to work, so I'm guessing maybe it's disabled.

Cheers,
James

Re: archive_mode=on on a Slave in streaming replication mode

From
Albe Laurenz
Date:
james.sewell wrote:
> As per the topic is it possible to set archive_mode and archive_command o=
n a
> server which is configured as a streaming replication hot standby?
>=20
> I've tried and it doesn't seem to work, so I'm guessing maybe it's disabl=
ed.

It works fine, only the server will not generate WAL while
it is in recovery.  As soon as you promote the standby,
it will archive ist WALs.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe