RAISE NOTICE ... and CONTEXT field of the error report.

From
Dmitriy Igrishin
Date:
Hey all,

Is there way to turn off printing of CONTEXT field of the error report
in the following case:

create or replace function foo() returns void language plpgsql as $$
begin
  raise notice 'notice from foo()';
end;
$$;
create or replace function bar() returns void language plpgsql as $$
begin
  perform foo();
end;
$$;

wog=# select foo();
NOTICE:  notice from foo()
 foo
-----

(1 row)

wog=# select bar();
NOTICE:  notice from foo()
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT foo()"
PL/pgSQL function bar() line 3 at PERFORM
 bar
-----

(1 row)

If it does not possible, I would like to have this feature. From the POV
of the PL/pgSQL user I think it should be customizable mode of PL/pgSQL.

--
// Dmitriy.

Re: RAISE NOTICE ... and CONTEXT field of the error report.

From
Marc Schablewski

Is there way to turn off printing of CONTEXT field of the error report

I think, this might help: http://www.depesz.com/2008/07/12/suppressing-context-lines-in-psql/

Marc

Re: RAISE NOTICE ... and CONTEXT field of the error report.

From
Dmitriy Igrishin
Date:
Hey Marc,

Is there way to turn off printing of CONTEXT field of the error report

I think, this might help: http://www.depesz.com/2008/07/12/suppressing-context-lines-in-psql/

Marc

I am sorry for thoughtlessness!
It's really should be filtered by client application.
Thanks for point!

--
// Dmitriy.