Is there any plugin for Nagios, which sends Postgresql ERROR information with SQL query in mail?
On 01/02/2013 08:55 AM, AI Rumman wrote:
> Is there any plugin for Nagios, which sends Postgresql ERROR
> information with SQL query in mail?
I can't comment on Nagios, but I do the same basic thing by routing
PostgreSQL logging through syslog which is configured to copy
significant errors into a secondary temporary file. This file is
checked/cleared by a simple cron script that runs every five minutes. If
errors exist, they are routed to my department for investigation.

Security note: Error messages have the potential to contain
names/SSN/medical-data/passwords and other sensitive information so it
is best to ensure that such messages stay inside your perimeter and that
they are routed only to a minimal number of trusted administrators.

Cheers,
Steve

On 2 January 2013 16:55, AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any plugin for Nagios, which sends Postgresql ERROR information
> with SQL query in mail?

It has nothing to do with Nagious, but tail_n_mail may do what you want here.

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/