Npgsql

From
Peter Kroon
Date:
I've installed Npgsql via Application stack builder without a problem(I guess, no error messages seen).

The projectpage tells me I have to add:
<%@ Assembly name="System.Data" %>
<%@ Assembly name="Npgsql" %>

When I do this I get an error:
Regel 1:  <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="true" %>
Regel 2:  <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %>
Regel 3:  <%@ Assembly name="Npgsql" %>
Regel 4:  <%
Regel 5:
It's unable to find/load dependencies.
Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
If so, what was your solution.

Thanks,

Peter

Re: Npgsql

From
Glyn Astill
Date:
An actual error message would be useful, but did you add a reference to the assembly in your project?

I've installed Npgsql via Application stack builder without a problem(I guess, no error messages seen).

The projectpage tells me I have to add:
<%@ Assembly name="System.Data" %>
<%@ Assembly name="Npgsql" %>

When I do this I get an error:
Regel 1:  <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="true" %>
Regel 2:  <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %>
Regel 3:  <%@ Assembly name="Npgsql" %>
Regel 4:  <%
Regel 5:
It's unable to find/load dependencies.
Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
If so, what was your solution.

Thanks,

Peter

Re: Npgsql

From
Peter Kroon
Date:
The actual error message was in Dutch. In my previous post I've added:
"It's unable to find/load dependencies." That's the translation.

I don't have a project. I have a vb.net page, like -> Default.aspx
I used the stackbuilder to install Npgsql and altered nothing else.

An actual error message would be useful, but did you add a reference to the assembly in your project?

I've installed Npgsql via Application stack builder without a problem(I guess, no error messages seen).

The projectpage tells me I have to add:
<%@ Assembly name="System.Data" %>
<%@ Assembly name="Npgsql" %>

When I do this I get an error:
Regel 1:  <%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="true" %>
Regel 2:  <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %>
Regel 3:  <%@ Assembly name="Npgsql" %>
Regel 4:  <%
Regel 5:
It's unable to find/load dependencies.
Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
If so, what was your solution.

Thanks,

Peter

Re: Npgsql

From
"Francisco Figueiredo Jr."

> You should check if npgsql has been correctly installed in the gac by running gac -l Npgsql. If it is it will return something.
>
> Another possibility is to add a folder called bin to the root of your web app and put npgsql.dll and mono.security. dll inside.
>
> I hope it helps.
>
> Em 26/11/2012 17:56, "Peter Kroon" <plakroon@gmail.com> escreveu:
>>
>> The actual error message was in Dutch. In my previous post I've added:
>> "It's unable to find/load dependencies." That's the translation.
>>
>> I don't have a project. I have a vb.net page, like -> Default.aspx
>> I used the stackbuilder to install Npgsql and altered nothing else.
>>

>> 2012/11/26 Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
>>>
>>> An actual error message would be useful, but did you add a reference to the assembly in your project?

Re: Npgsql

From
Peter Kroon
Date:
It appears to be installed.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools>gacutil -l Npgsql
Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 4.0.30319.17626
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

The Global Assembly Cache contains the following assemblies:
  Npgsql, Version=2.0.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f46fda7, processorArchitecture=MSIL

Number of items = 1

Ok, and what about mono.security? Npgsql depends on it and it should be in the gac as well.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools>gacutil -l Npgsql
Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 4.0.30319.17626
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

The Global Assembly Cache contains the following assemblies:
  Npgsql, Version=2.0.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f46fda7, processorArchitecture=MSIL

Number of items = 1

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools>gacutil -l mono.security
Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 4.0.30319.17626
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

The Global Assembly Cache contains the following assemblies:
  mono.security, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed7
56, processorArchitecture=MSIL

Number of items = 1

Ok, and what about mono.security? Npgsql depends on it and it should be in the gac as well.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools>gacutil -l Npgsql
Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 4.0.30319.17626
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

The Global Assembly Cache contains the following assemblies:
  Npgsql, Version=2.0.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f46fda7, processorArchitecture=MSIL

Number of items = 1

Hmmmmm, this is very strange. Somehow your vb. Net isn't able to find npgsql in the gac. Do you have more than one .net installation?

Also, can you try to add a bin folder in the root of your web app and put npgsql.dll and mono.security there?

Sorry for not being very helpful.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools>gacutil -l mono.security
Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 4.0.30319.17626
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

The Global Assembly Cache contains the following assemblies:
  mono.security, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed7
56, processorArchitecture=MSIL

Number of items = 1

Ok, and what about mono.security? Npgsql depends on it and it should be in the gac as well.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools>gacutil -l Npgsql
Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 4.0.30319.17626
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

The Global Assembly Cache contains the following assemblies:
  Npgsql, Version=2.0.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f46fda7, processorArchitecture=MSIL

Number of items = 1

>Do you have more than one .net installation?
Yes 2 and 4.
I've tried with both pools and get same result.

>Also, can you try to add a bin folder in the root of your web app and put npgsql.dll and mono.security there?
You mean create a folder called bin in: C:\inetpub\wwwroot ?

[...]

Yes. It would not be advisable to do that but at least you could check you are able to use npgsql.

The best way would to create a Web application and put your files there.

I hope it helps.