PostgreSQL Magazine

From
Fathi Ben Nasr
Date:
Hello,

Is there a PostgreSQL magazine like the one sent by Oracle to whom
requests it ?

If answer is yes: how to sbscribe to it ?

Else

I know this could cost a lot to print such magazines, but maybe a pdf
version could be affordable.

The main idea behind this is to "show" there a big active community
behind PostgreSQL, commercial derivatives and success stories of
companies, not necesserly fortune 500, using PostgreSQL or products,
like OpenERP, that use it as their backend db server.

Other contents, like function/script of the month, tutorials, etc could
enrich the content of the magazine.
End;

Re: PostgreSQL Magazine

From
"Albe Laurenz"
Date:
Fathi Ben Nasr wrote:
> Is there a PostgreSQL magazine like the one sent by Oracle to whom
> requests it ?
>
> If answer is yes: how to sbscribe to it ?
>
> Else
>
> I know this could cost a lot to print such magazines, but maybe a pdf
> version could be affordable.
>
> The main idea behind this is to "show" there a big active community
> behind PostgreSQL, commercial derivatives and success stories of
> companies, not necesserly fortune 500, using PostgreSQL or products,
> like OpenERP, that use it as their backend db server.
>
> Other contents, like function/script of the month, tutorials, etc could
> enrich the content of the magazine.
> End;

There's PG Mag: http://pgmag.org/Start

It does not appear regularly (yet?).

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: PostgreSQL Magazine

From
damien clochard
Date:
Le 17/10/2012 12:35, Fathi Ben Nasr a écrit :
> Hello,

Hi

> Is there a PostgreSQL magazine like the one sent by Oracle to whom
> requests it ?

PostgreSQL Magazine started two years ago. The second issue will be
released in a few weeks.

So far the magazine is available for free online (download the PDF or
read it with the flash reader). You can also buy your own paper version
(http://pgmag.org/01/buy). You can also get one for free in some
PostgreSQL conferences thanks to our sponsors.

> If answer is yes: how to sbscribe to it ?

You can subscribe to our newletter and twitter account to be informed
when a new issue is released

https://twitter.com/intent/follow?&screen_name=pg_mag
http://pgmag.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=d23db8f49246eb6e74c6ca21a&id=f1bf0dbe7d

> I know this could cost a lot to print such magazines, but maybe a pdf
> version could be affordable.
>
> The main idea behind this is to "show" there a big active community
> behind PostgreSQL, commercial derivatives and success stories of
> companies, not necesserly fortune 500, using PostgreSQL or products,
> like OpenERP, that use it as their backend db server.
>
> Other contents, like function/script of the month, tutorials, etc could
> enrich the content of the magazine.

This is what we intend to do ! Please note that magazine itself works
like an open source project. You can join us and participate ! There are
many ways to get involved : writing articles, editing, proof-reading,
layout design, translating, etc.

If you want to contribute, you can join the project mailing list :
https://groups.google.com/group/pgmag/

damien

Re: PostgreSQL Magazine

From
Fathi Ben Nasr
Date:
Thank You.

On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 14:44 +0200, damien clochard wrote:
> Le 17/10/2012 12:35, Fathi Ben Nasr a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >

> Hi
>
> > Is there a PostgreSQL magazine like the one sent by Oracle to whom
> > requests it ?
> >

> PostgreSQL Magazine started two years ago. The second issue will be
> released in a few weeks.
>
> So far the magazine is available for free online (download the PDF or
> read it with the flash reader). You can also buy your own paper version
> (http://pgmag.org/01/buy). You can also get one for free in some
> PostgreSQL conferences thanks to our sponsors.
>
> > If answer is yes: how to sbscribe to it ?
> >

> You can subscribe to our newletter and twitter account to be informed
> when a new issue is released
>
> https://twitter.com/intent/follow?&screen_name=pg_mag
> http://pgmag.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=d23db8f49246eb6e74c6ca21a&id=f1bf0dbe7d
>
> > I know this could cost a lot to print such magazines, but maybe a pdf
> > version could be affordable.
> >
> > The main idea behind this is to "show" there a big active community
> > behind PostgreSQL, commercial derivatives and success stories of
> > companies, not necesserly fortune 500, using PostgreSQL or products,
> > like OpenERP, that use it as their backend db server.
> >
> > Other contents, like function/script of the month, tutorials, etc could
> > enrich the content of the magazine.
>
> This is what we intend to do ! Please note that magazine itself works
> like an open source project. You can join us and participate ! There are
> many ways to get involved : writing articles, editing, proof-reading,
> layout design, translating, etc.
>
> If you want to contribute, you can join the project mailing list :
> https://groups.google.com/group/pgmag/
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> damien