PGBouncer Connection Using Perl DBI

From
Prashant Bharucha
Date:
Hello ,

Could you please tell me some one ,how to do connection PGBouncer using Perl DBI module ?

Thanks
Prashant

Re: PGBouncer Connection Using Perl DBI

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
On 08/27/2012 09:51 AM, Prashant Bharucha wrote:
> Hello ,
> Could you please tell me some one ,how to do connection PGBouncer using
> Perl DBI module ?

Exactly the same way you connect to PostgreSQL normally: specify a
hostname, port and database name. Instead of specifying those for the
PostgreSQL server, specify the details for the PgBouncer server that's
proxying for PostgreSQL.

--
Craig Ringer

Re: PGBouncer Connection Using Perl DBI

From
Greg Williamson
Date:
Prashant --

I haven't tried this -- we don't use DBI currently -- but wouldn't it get treated as any other connection if you point the DBI connection to the pgbouncer host / port / database ? pgbouncer should redirect the query according the rules in its .ini file.

HTH,

Greg Williamson