Can't reset password

From
Keith Chen
Date:
Hello,

I deleted my Postgresql and try to reinstall it.  I try to reset the
password by typing in net user postgres *.  However, the new password
doesn't work when the installer prompt me to input the password.
Could you please help me?

Thanks,

Keith

Re: Can't reset password

From
Radosław Smogura
Date:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 22:42:22 -0400, Keith Chen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I deleted my Postgresql and try to reinstall it.  I try to reset the
> password by typing in net user postgres *.  However, the new password
> doesn't work when the installer prompt me to input the password.
> Could you please help me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith
I changed postgesql password using mmc.exe and users & groups snap-in,
then reset password. This is safe unless you have some encrypted files.
If you have simple editions of Vista or Windows 7 then this snap-in may
be not available. Uncheck anything like password expired, user need to
change password on log-in.

Regards