Pg CRUD for joined tables

From
gvim
Date:
I'm looking for FOSS PostgreSQL CRUD software, preferably Perl-compatible, which will enable me to design input forms
whichcan handle input to tables which reference other tables by foreign key. Most CRUD applications I have seen so far
onlydeal with direct, form field to table field input but I want to build forms which have the same fields as a VIEW
derivedfrom multiple table joins. In other words, I want the CRUD to handle the the joins.

Any suggestions?

gvim

Re: Pg CRUD for joined tables

From
Wolfgang Keller
Date:
> I'm looking for FOSS PostgreSQL CRUD software, preferably
> Perl-compatible, which will enable me to design input forms which can
> handle input to tables which reference other tables by foreign key.
> Most CRUD applications I have seen so far only deal with direct, form
> field to table field input but I want to build forms which have the
> same fields as a VIEW derived from multiple table joins. In other
> words, I want the CRUD to handle the the joins.
>
> Any suggestions?

Not for Perl, but Python: SQLalchemy. An ORM that allows you to have
(nearly) arbitrarily complex mappings between your object model and the
database tables. GUI frameworks that use SQlalchemy are: Sqlkit,
Pypapi, Camelot, Qtalchemy.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang