avoiding CONTEXT messages

From
Filip Rembiałkowski
Date:
Hi,

I am using PostgreSQL 9.0 and I want to suppress CONTEXT part of error message for selected user defined Pl/PgSQL functions.
Is this possible?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOG-ERROR-VERBOSITY suggests it is...
My function is running on superuser account.
I tried log_error_verbosity but it seems to not affect client messages.

create or replace function test() returns void language plpgsql as 'begin drop table if exists daddyiamnothere; end' ;
select test();
set log_error_verbosity to terse;
select test();

Thanks

Re: avoiding CONTEXT messages

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
2012/5/11 Filip Rembiałkowski <filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I am using PostgreSQL 9.0 and I want to suppress CONTEXT part of error
> message for selected user defined Pl/PgSQL functions.
> Is this possible?

probably no.

context is detected before filtering is applyed

Pavel

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOG-ERROR-VERBOSITY
> suggests it is...
> My function is running on superuser account.
> I tried log_error_verbosity but it seems to not affect client messages.
>
> create or replace function test() returns void language plpgsql as 'begin
> drop table if exists daddyiamnothere; end' ;
> select test();
> set log_error_verbosity to terse;
> select test();
>

> Thanks

Re: avoiding CONTEXT messages

From
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Date:
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 09:09:46AM -0500, Filip Rembiałkowski wrote:
> I am using PostgreSQL 9.0 and I want to suppress CONTEXT part of error
> message for selected user defined Pl/PgSQL functions.
> Is this possible?

it's up to application to hide it.

for example - in psql, you do it by setting:
\set VERBOSITY terse

but I agree, it should be configurable in server.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/

Date:
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:41 AM, hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> wrote:
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 09:09:46AM -0500, Filip Rembiałkowski wrote:
> I am using PostgreSQL 9.0 and I want to suppress CONTEXT part of error
> message for selected user defined Pl/PgSQL functions.
> Is this possible?

it's up to application to hide it.

for example - in psql, you do it by setting:
\set VERBOSITY terse

oh,  great, this one helped (we run psql from bash scripts) - thanks.