compilation info without pg_config

From
Maximilian Tyrtania
Date:
Hi there,

i'd like to figure out if my pg server (9.0.2) running on OpenSuse has been compiled with gssapi support. The PG
OpenSusepackage seems to not ship pg_config for some reason.

Is there another way to determine that?

Maximilian Tyrtania
http://www.contactking.de

Re: compilation info without pg_config

From
John R Pierce
Date:
On 03/26/12 2:22 AM, Maximilian Tyrtania wrote:
> i'd like to figure out if my pg server (9.0.2) running on OpenSuse has been compiled with gssapi support. The PG
OpenSusepackage seems to not ship pg_config for some reason.

the redhat packages put pg_config in /usr/pgsql-x.y/bin  (and its part
of the postgresqlXY-devel package)

perhaps the opensuse packages are similar ?

Date:
Am 26.03.2012 um 11:34 schrieb John R Pierce:

> On 03/26/12 2:22 AM, Maximilian Tyrtania wrote:
>> i'd like to figure out if my pg server (9.0.2) running on OpenSuse has been compiled with gssapi support. The PG
OpenSusepackage seems to not ship pg_config for some reason.

> the redhat packages put pg_config in /usr/pgsql-x.y/bin  (and its part of the postgresqlXY-devel package)
>
> perhaps the opensuse packages are similar ?

Unfortunately no.

sputnik-active:/usr # find / -name pg_config
sputnik-active:/usr #

Maximilian Tyrtania
http://www.contactking.de

Re: compilation info without pg_config

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: compilation info without pg_config

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 03/26/2012 03:01 AM, Maximilian Tyrtania wrote:
> Am 26.03.2012 um 11:34 schrieb John R Pierce:
>
>> On 03/26/12 2:22 AM, Maximilian Tyrtania wrote:
>>> i'd like to figure out if my pg server (9.0.2) running on OpenSuse has been compiled with gssapi support. The PG
OpenSusepackage seems to not ship pg_config for some reason.

>> the redhat packages put pg_config in /usr/pgsql-x.y/bin  (and its part of the postgresqlXY-devel package)
>>
>> perhaps the opensuse packages are similar ?
>
> Unfortunately no.
>
> sputnik-active:/usr # find / -name pg_config
> sputnik-active:/usr #

I think what John was trying to get at was, have you tried installing
the postgresql-devel package to get pg_config? On my install of OpenSUSE
12.1 that package has pg_config.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: compilation info without pg_config

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 13:05 +0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> > i'd like to figure out if my pg server (9.0.2) running on OpenSuse
> > has been compiled with gssapi support. The PG OpenSuse package
> > seems to not ship pg_config for some reason.
>
> That's a known bug (IMO) with most distros: pg_config is put into
> the -devel package.

RPMs have it in main package over the last few months.

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Date:
Am 26.03.2012 um 15:09 schrieb Adrian Klaver:

> On 03/26/2012 03:01 AM, Maximilian Tyrtania wrote:

OpenSusepackage seems to not ship pg_config for some reason.

>>> the redhat packages put pg_config in /usr/pgsql-x.y/bin  (and its part of the postgresqlXY-devel package)
>>>
>>> perhaps the opensuse packages are similar ?
>>
>> Unfortunately no.
>>
>> sputnik-active:/usr # find / -name pg_config
>> sputnik-active:/usr #
>
> I think what John was trying to get at was, have you tried installing the postgresql-devel package to get pg_config?
Onmy install of OpenSUSE 12.1 that package has pg_config.

Oh, I see. Needed the extra pointer. Will give that and Greg's ldd approach a try.

Thank you very much,

Max