table alias for update

From
hamann.w@t-online.de

is there a way to use a table alias for the target table in an UPDATE query?
I would like to avoid spelling out things like that in psql:

update myverylongtablename set col1 = r.col1repl from repltable r
 where myverylongtablename.id = r.id and myverylongtablename.col2 > 0

Regards
Wolfgang Hamann

Re: table alias for update

From
Bosco Rama
Date:
hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:

> is there a way to use a table alias for the target table in an UPDATE query?
> I would like to avoid spelling out things like that in psql:
>
> update myverylongtablename set col1 = r.col1repl from repltable r
>  where myverylongtablename.id = r.id and myverylongtablename.col2 > 0

update myverylongtablename as xyz
    set col1 = ...
    where xyz.id = ...;

The 'as' is optional ... though easier to read IMO.

HTH

Bosco.