pgcon 2012

From
Arvind Singh
Date:
Dear sir,

we are recent users of Postgres and wish to be more aware and soak up the activities around the DB.
we used to develop more on MySql , SQl Server combo

Now we are using PG 9.0.5 , NPGSQL + Visual CSharp , Java

Is http://www.pgcon.org/2012/?2nd

a valid and certified Postgres Event or is it just a marketing strategy by Private Event Management firm

Especially related to
- latest PG developments
- learn about PG Stats , Logs , PG_Settings table
- hire postgres related manpower

because we are based in Delhi, and it will take efforts to send candidates to the event

thanking you
yours truly
arvind

Re: pgcon 2012

Date:
On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 04:46:49AM +0000, Arvind Singh wrote:
> Dear sir,
>
> we are recent users of Postgres and wish to be more aware and soak up the
> activities around the DB.
> we used to develop more on MySql , SQl Server combo
>
> Now we are using PG 9.0.5 , NPGSQL + Visual CSharp , Java
>
> Is http://www.pgcon.org/2012/?2nd
>
> a valid and certified Postgres Event or is it just a marketing strategy by
> Private Event Management firm
>
> Especially related to
> - latest PG developments
> - learn about PG Stats , Logs , PG_Settings table
> - hire postgres related manpower
>
> because we are based in Delhi, and it will take efforts to send candidates to
> the event

I will blog a little about PGCon on Monday.  PGCon is exactly what it
says it is, and is very non-marketing and very tech-heavy.  If you look
at the speaker list from last year, it has almost all the server
developers in attendance.

In fact, if anything, it might have too much technology focus and not
enough hands-on/admin focus for you.

Re: pgcon 2012

From
Greg Smith