From
sharmi_jo@yahoo.com
Date:
http://happenenstappengroningen.nl/news.html?r5h1h5

Re:

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 08/12/2011 23:07, sharmi_jo@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://happenenstappengroningen.nl/news.html?r5h1h5

Just wondering, and without intending to cast any aspersions on the
poster - is this spam or legit? I didn't take the risk of actually
clicking it...

There have been a few posts like this recently - links without any
commentary or explanation.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re:

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 12/08/2011 03:12 PM, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> On 08/12/2011 23:07, sharmi_jo@yahoo.com wrote:
>> http://happenenstappengroningen.nl/news.html?r5h1h5
>
> Just wondering, and without intending to cast any aspersions on the
> poster - is this spam or legit? I didn't take the risk of actually
> clicking it...
>
> There have been a few posts like this recently - links without any
> commentary or explanation.
>
> Ray.

It is not legit in any way.

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

Re:

From
Bèrto ëd Sèra
Date:
spam, it has a redirect to a spam site.

Just wondering, and without intending to cast any aspersions on the
poster - is this spam or legit? I didn't take the risk of actually
clicking it...

There have been a few posts like this recently - links without any
commentary or explanation.

Ray.

It is not legit in any way.

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

==============================
If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Re:

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 08/12/2011 23:19, Bèrto ëd Sèra wrote:
> spam, it has a redirect to a spam site.
>
> On 9 December 2011 02:15, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com
> <mailto:jd@commandprompt.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 12/08/2011 03:12 PM, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>

>         On 08/12/2011 23:07, sharmi_jo@yahoo.com
>         <mailto:sharmi_jo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>             http://__happenenstappengroningen.nl/__news.html?r5h1h5
>             <http://happenenstappengroningen.nl/news.html?r5h1h5>
>

>         Just wondering, and without intending to cast any aspersions on the
>         poster - is this spam or legit? I didn't take the risk of actually
>         clicking it...
>
>         There have been a few posts like this recently - links without any
>         commentary or explanation.
>
>         Ray.
>

>     It is not legit in any way.

OK - thanks.

Ray.

--

Date:
> On 12/08/2011 03:12 PM, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>> Just wondering, and without intending to cast any aspersions on the
>> poster - is this spam or legit? I didn't take the risk of actually
>> clicking it...

> It is not legit in any way.

Lately we've been seeing a lot of link-spam with just a link in the
body, generally no subject line, and the real tip-off is that it's
addressed To: both pgsql-general (or another of our lists) and half a
dozen random other addresses.

I assume these are coming from addresses that are actually subscribed
to our lists, because otherwise the moderators should've rejected them.
Probably somebody's found a way to break into large numbers of yahoo
and google mail accounts and spam from them to all their address book
entries ...

            regards, tom lane

Re:

From
Bèrto ëd Sèra
Date:
FWIW, a couple of months ago the anti-spam mail filters on our server started to reject "anything yahoo" (including loads of legit stuff, obviously). And I still see a lot of messages announcing that Ive just been subscribed to this or that yahoo discussion group. However, this is all OT, I suppose what we need here is just a way to signal spammers to the admin, is there any?

Bèrto

On 9 December 2011 06:13, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 12/08/2011 03:12 PM, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>> Just wondering, and without intending to cast any aspersions on the
>> poster - is this spam or legit? I didn't take the risk of actually
>> clicking it...

> It is not legit in any way.

Lately we've been seeing a lot of link-spam with just a link in the
body, generally no subject line, and the real tip-off is that it's
addressed To: both pgsql-general (or another of our lists) and half a
dozen random other addresses.

I assume these are coming from addresses that are actually subscribed
to our lists, because otherwise the moderators should've rejected them.
Probably somebody's found a way to break into large numbers of yahoo
and google mail accounts and spam from them to all their address book
entries ...

==============================
If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Re:

From
Frank Lanitz
Date:
On Thu, 08 Dec 2011 23:12:36 +0000
Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:

> Just wondering, and without intending to cast any aspersions on the
> poster - is this spam or legit? I didn't take the risk of actually
> clicking it...
>
> There have been a few posts like this recently - links without any
> commentary or explanation.

Take it as spam and don't rethink about.

Cheers,
Frank
--
Frank Lanitz <frank@frank.uvena.de>

Attachment

Re:

From
frank@frank.uvena.de
Date:
This message has been digitally signed by the sender.
Attachment