How to get Place Names from Lat Lon

From
Adarsh Sharma
Date:
Dear all,

I have a position table that contains the lat lon of an entity from time
to time.
Now I want to get the place names from the respective lat lon.

In the past , I  am able to get the country names in which the lat lon
falls because I have a table that contains the geom of all countries.
But now, I want to know the city name too fore.g Delhi , Bangalore ,
canada, netherland etc.

Is it possible, pls let me know.

Thanks

Re: How to get Place Names from Lat Lon

From
Josh Kupershmidt
Date:
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Adarsh Sharma <adarsh.sharma@orkash.com> wrote:

> I have a position table that contains the lat lon of an entity from time to
> time.
> Now I want to get the place names from the respective lat lon.

You might want to try the PostGIS lists instead.

Josh