MVCC feature of postgresql

From
AI Rumman
Date:
Is there any tools by which I can test out the MVCC feature of postgresql?

Re: MVCC feature of postgresql

From
Raghavendra
Date:
Good way to understand MVCC feature is XID(transaction-id) and with the help of hidden columns prefixed for each row in a table.
You need to test with doing DML(update/Delete/Insert) statements by opening multiple sessions to know about MVCC feature.

Eg:-
select xmin,xmax,cmin,cmax,ctid, * from <tablename>;

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation