is there a function in postgresql that can be used for retrieving deleted rows

From
"Charles Waweru"

I am looking for a tool in the PostgreSQL database that can help to audit fraudulent activities on a PostgreSQL database. Of particular interest is how to retrieve say from a PostgreSQL sales database all the deleted rows.

Any suggestion please would be appreciated.

Charles

Hello

2011/10/22 Charles Waweru <cwaweru@systempartners.biz>:
> I am looking for a tool in the PostgreSQL database that can help to audit
> fraudulent activities on a PostgreSQL database. Of particular interest is
> how to retrieve say from a PostgreSQL sales database all the deleted rows.

you can use triggers

PostgreSQL has no other internal mechanism, but triggers and well
access rights are enough for this purposes

Regards

Pavel Stehule

> Any suggestion please would be appreciated.
>

> Charles

Re: is there a function in postgresql that can be used for retrieving deleted rows

From
David Johnston
Date: