: Looking for a PostgreSQL book

From
Venkat Balaji
Date:
Hello Everyone,

I have been working on PostgreSQL for quite a while (2 yrs) now.

I have got "PostgreSQL 9.0 High Performance" book and quite excited to go through it.

Please let me know any source where i can get more books on PG, I am especially looking for books on PG internals, architecture, Backup & Recovery and HA.

Looking forward for the information.

Regards,
VB

Re: : Looking for a PostgreSQL book

From
Adam Cornett
Date:
The same publisher (Packt) has a book PostgreSQL 9 Administration Cookbook by Simon Riggs and Hannu Krosing that is equally useful as Greg's High Performance book

--
Adam Cornett
adam.cornett@gmail.com

Re: : Looking for a PostgreSQL book

From
Venkat Balaji
Date:
Thanks Adam !

Regards,
VB

The same publisher (Packt) has a book PostgreSQL 9 Administration Cookbook by Simon Riggs and Hannu Krosing that is equally useful as Greg's High Performance book

I have been working on PostgreSQL for quite a while (2 yrs) now.

I have got "PostgreSQL 9.0 High Performance" book and quite excited to go through it.

Please let me know any source where i can get more books on PG, I am especially looking for books on PG internals, architecture, Backup & Recovery and HA.

Looking forward for the information.

Regards,
VB

--
Adam Cornett
adam.cornett@gmail.com
(678) 296-1150

Re: : Looking for a PostgreSQL book

From
Achilleas Mantzios
Date:
The cook book is indeed helpful, but i doubt if it was ever properly reviewed. Many typos, many apparent errors,
code for the cache utils pg_cacheutils is mentioned to exist somewhere but it's not there, and many more

Στις Thursday 29 September 2011 08:07:34 ο/η Venkat Balaji έγραψε:

--
Achilleas Mantzios

Re: : Looking for a PostgreSQL book

From
Greg Smith
Date:
Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> code for the cache utils pg_cacheutils is mentioned to exist somewhere but it's not there

At this point the pgfincore project is the most popular way to do the
work that pg_cacheutils was suggested for there.  See
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgfincore/ and
http://www.pgcon.org/2010/schedule/events/261.en.html for more information.