pg_restore must failure on attempt

From
artdias90
Date:
As I try to restore my data, I get the warning message:

pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to be a valid archive (too
short?)

Ok, but the job ends with green status, I want it to finish with error. Is
there any way of using $? there?

Re: pg_restore must failure on attempt

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:57:44 am artdias90 wrote:
> As I try to restore my data, I get the warning message:
>
> pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to be a valid archive
> (too short?)
>

> Ok, but the job ends with green status, I want it to finish with error. Is
> there any way of using $? there?

First guess is you are using pg_restore to restore a text based dump file.  If
the database dump is in text format you will need to use psql.

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com