pg_lock_status not documented

From
Martín Marqués
Date:
I'm searching for information on pg_lock_status() function, but there
seams to be nothing in the docs. Maybe missing? Any hits, at least
what each column outputed is.

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador

Re: pg_lock_status not documented

Date:
=?UTF-8?B?TWFydMOtbiBNYXJxdcOpcw==?= <martin.marques@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm searching for information on pg_lock_status() function, but there
> seams to be nothing in the docs. Maybe missing?

It's not documented because it's an internal function that you shouldn't
call directly.  Look at the docs for the pg_locks view, which is the
public API.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pg_lock_status not documented

From
Jerry Sievers
Date:
Martín Marqués <martin.marques@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm searching for information on pg_lock_status() function, but there
> seams to be nothing in the docs. Maybe missing? Any hits, at least
> what each column outputed is.

Have a look at the pg_locks view which wraps this function.

\d+ pg_locks

> Martín Marqués
> select 'martin.marques' || '@' || 'gmail.com'
> DBA, Programador, Administrador

Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting
e: postgres.consulting@comcast.net
p: 305.321.1144

Re: pg_lock_status not documented

From
Martín Marqués
Date:
I know pg_locks, but I thought maybe pg_lock_status had some extra info.

Thanks anyway