ERD Tool

From
Adarsh Sharma
Date:
Dear all,

Is there any open source ERD Tool for Postgresql Database.
I find some paid tools but looking for free tools.

Thanks

Re: ERD Tool

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Adarsh Sharma, 31.08.2011 13:54:
> Dear all,
>
> Is there any open source ERD Tool for Postgresql Database.
> I find some paid tools but looking for free tools.

Have a look at Power*Architect: http://www.sqlpower.ca/page/architect

It's not perfect but it's quite OK.
As it is a multi-DBMS tool it does not support any Postgres specific features or datatypes.

To avoid the nasty registration that is required on their homepage you can also download the binaries directly from the
Googlecode project homepage:

http://code.google.com/p/power-architect/downloads/list

Regards
Thomas

Re: ERD Tool

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 17:24 +0530, Adarsh Sharma wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Is there any open source ERD Tool for Postgresql Database.
> I find some paid tools but looking for free tools.

If you can compile pgAdmin, it offers a database designer tool. It's in
its early stages, and still has rough edges. But using it will help us
to find bugs early, and fix them. It will also help us to enhance the
tool before being released in a GA version.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: ERD Tool

From
Wolfgang Keller
Date:
> Is there any open source ERD Tool for Postgresql Database.
> I find some paid tools but looking for free tools.

Free or open source? >;->

http://pgdesigner.sourceforge.net/en/index.html
http://www.db-main.eu/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbdesigner-fork/

And a list of a lot of others:

http://www.databaseanswers.org/modelling_tools.htm

Sincerely,

Wolfgang

--
Führungskräfte leisten keine Arbeit                    (D'Alembert)