Streaming replication without hot standby

From
alexondi
Date:
Hi!
If I use streaming replication must I setup hot stanby mode on my
slave-server?
If not then this server would not accept any connections?

Re: Streaming replication without hot standby

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 00:19 -0700, alexondi wrote:
> Hi!
> If I use streaming replication must I setup hot stanby mode on my
> slave-server?

No, you don't have to.

> If not then this server would not accept any connections?

Exactly. Except the streaming one.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: Streaming replication without hot standby

From
alexondi
Date:
So, how can I check is the slave-server up and properly work (recovery is in
progress) in this case?
Check the log for some messages?

Re: Streaming replication without hot standby

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 11:12 AM, alexondi <alexondi@rambler.ru> wrote:

> So, how can I check is the slave-server up and properly work (recovery is in
> progress) in this case?
> Check the log for some messages?

It's certainly more tricky...

Re: Streaming replication without hot standby

From
alexondi
Date:
But still, how to do it (check server state) in this case?

Date:
On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 08:04 -0700, alexondi wrote:
> But still, how to do it (check server state) in this case?

pg_controldata is probably a good solution. Or checking process titles
with "ps -ef".