Any idea about using \COPY in ECPG statement

From
Siva Palanisamy

Hi All,

Does anybody have an idea about how to write \COPY command as an ECPG statement?

EXEC SQL \COPY tablename to ‘sample.csv’ DELIMITERS ‘,’ CSV HEADER

I want to perform the above psql command using an ECPG statement. No way of using COPY due to not availability of a super-user account. Could anyone guide me on this?

Thanks and Regards,

Siva.

::DISCLAIMER::

Re: Any idea about using \COPY in ECPG statement

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
Hello

its' not possible. But you don't need a superuser account for COPY
necessary. You can use a SECURITY DEFINER functions.

Regards

Pavel Stehule

2011/8/17 Siva Palanisamy <siva_p@hcl.com>:
> Hi All,
>

> Does anybody have an idea about how to write \COPY command as an ECPG
> statement?
>

> EXEC SQL \COPY tablename to ‘sample.csv’ DELIMITERS ‘,’ CSV HEADER
>

> I want to perform the above psql command using an ECPG statement. No way of
> using COPY due to not availability of a super-user account. Could anyone
> guide me on this?
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Siva.
>

> ________________________________
> ::DISCLAIMER::

> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect
> the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail
> is strictly prohibited. If you have
> immediately. Before opening any mail and

Re: Any idea about using \COPY in ECPG statement

From
John R Pierce
Date:
On 08/16/11 11:28 PM, Siva Palanisamy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anybody have an idea about how to write \COPY command as an ECPG
> statement?

are you a broken record?  I've answered this several times now.

COPY .... TO STDOUT....

and capture the output with |PQgetCopyData|  or whatever the equivalent
is in your favorite language binding.