Pg_dump Query

From
Rebecca Clarke
Date:
Hi

I want to pg_dump only a select amount of rows from a table and restore them to a table on another server.

Is there away to do this? I thought of using a view but how would I upload that into a specific table.  Copy? or is there something I can do with pg_restore.

Rebecca

Re: Pg_dump Query

From
Scott Marlowe
Date:
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Rebecca Clarke <rebecca@clarke.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi
> I want to pg_dump only a select amount of rows from a table and restore them
> to a table on another server.
> Is there away to do this? I thought of using a view but how would I upload
> that into a specific table.  Copy? or is there something I can do with
> pg_restore.

You want to combine copy and select like so:

copy (select * from table where ...) to stdout;