using postgresql

From
saeed ahmed
Date:
my english is limited and find it difficult to learn new things.only
by askiing ,i can learn.
i would like to know
if i want to make a website where user  can insert data and after i
use query to get results.how should i begin?from where to start?

Re: using postgresql

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
Hello

look on this site, please, http://sqlzoo.net/

Regards

Pavel Stehule

2011/7/31 saeed ahmed <mycomputerbooks@gmail.com>:
> my english is limited and find it difficult to learn new things.only
> by askiing ,i can learn.
> i would like to know
> if i want to make a website where user  can insert data and after i
> use query to get results.how should i begin?from where to start?

Re: using postgresql

From
John R Pierce
Date:
On 07/31/11 11:06 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2011/7/31 saeed ahmed<mycomputerbooks@gmail.com>:
>
>> my english is limited and find it difficult to learn new things.only
>> by askiing ,i can learn.
>> i would like to know
>> if i want to make a website where user  can insert data and after i
>> use query to get results.how should i begin?from where to start?
> look on this site, please, http://sqlzoo.net/

which is a SQL tutorial, but doesn't begin to address Saeed's question.

In order to give a decent answer, we'd need to know what sort of web
server programming languages he is good with.     Where I work, this
sort of application is most frequently done with Java running on a
Tomcat or similar application server, and using a web application
framework like Java Spring.   Of course, such an application could be
coded in most any server side application environment, from PHP to Perl
to Python.

you woujld define the various forms needed for entering and querying
your data tables, and probably various report display pages for showing
the query results, along with the controller glue to put these pages
together in a cohesive site.

Re: using postgresql

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
2011/7/31 John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>:
> On 07/31/11 11:06 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>>
>> 2011/7/31 saeed ahmed<mycomputerbooks@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> my english is limited and find it difficult to learn new things.only
>>> by askiing ,i can learn.
>>> i would like to know
>>> if i want to make a website where user  can insert data and after i
>>> use query to get results.how should i begin?from where to start?
>>
>> look on this site, please, http://sqlzoo.net/
>>

> which is a SQL tutorial, but doesn't begin to address Saeed's question.

It is little bit offtopic, but I am not sure if Saeed understand to
SQL and related technology.

Regards

Pavel

> In order to give a decent answer, we'd need to know what sort of web server
> programming languages he is good with.     Where I work, this sort of
> application is most frequently done with Java running on a Tomcat or similar
> application server, and using a web application framework like Java Spring.
>   Of course, such an application could be coded in most any server side
> application environment, from PHP to Perl to Python.
>
> you woujld define the various forms needed for entering and querying your
> data tables, and probably various report display pages for showing the query
> results, along with the controller glue to put these pages together in a
> cohesive site.
>

> --
> john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
> santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

Re: using postgresql

From
David Johnston
Date:
You really need to tell people what knowledge and skills you already possess if you expect to get a meaningful answer.
Ifyou have never written a program in your life you have a lot to cover compared to mostly not knowing how to interface
yourchosen language with a database. And have you ever deployed a website with static content?

In short you need to break down your final goal into smaller self-contained tasks that you can learn and build upon.
Focusone technology and technique at a time.

David J.