problems viewing information_schema.schemata

From
"Little, Douglas"

Some of my users are using sqldbx  and it’s not working due to a dependence on displaying the content of information_schema.schemata

When I query the view I see content.  When they do it, nothing – 0 rows – from sqldbx, pgadmin or other client.

I suspect that they don’t have access to a catalog table,  but can’t find it.

What is the definition for schemata?

Thanks

Doug Little

Sr. Data Warehouse Architect | Business Intelligence Architecture | Orbitz Worldwide

500 W. Madison, Suite 1000  Chicago IL 60661| Office 312.260.2588 | Fax 312.894.5164 | Cell 847-997-5741

Douglas.Little@orbitz.com

 cid:image001.jpg@01CABEC8.D4980670  orbitz.com | ebookers.com | hotelclub.com | cheaptickets.com | ratestogo.com | asiahotels.com

Attachment

Re: problems viewing information_schema.schemata

From
sqldbxdeveloper
Date:
I did investigate this issue and the problem is pg_has_role function.

Take a look at information_schema.schemata definition below
SELECT (current_database ()) ::information_schema.sql_identifier AS
catalog_name
    , (n.nspname) ::information_schema.sql_identifier AS schema_name
    , (u.rolname) ::information_schema.sql_identifier AS schema_owner
    , (NULL::character VARYING) ::information_schema.sql_identifier AS
default_character_set_catalog
    , (NULL::character VARYING) ::information_schema.sql_identifier AS
default_character_set_schema
    , (NULL::character VARYING) ::information_schema.sql_identifier AS
default_character_set_name
    , (NULL::character VARYING) ::information_schema.character_data AS
sql_path
FROM pg_namespace n
    , pg_authid u
WHERE ((n.nspowner = u.oid) AND pg_has_role (n.nspowner, 'USAGE'::text));