Schema for Website Comments

From
Adarsh Sharma
Date:
Dear all,

Today I need to create a schema for my application website that allows
user comments too.

I think we have to maintain hierarchical data and it is very common as
all sites are supporting this feature.

Can somebody suggest me some guidelines to follow and some links too.

Thanks

Re: Schema for Website Comments

From
Chris Travers
Date:
On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Adarsh Sharma
<adarsh.sharma@orkash.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Today I need to create a schema for my application website that allows user
> comments too.
>
> I think we have to maintain hierarchical data and it is very common as all
> sites are supporting this feature.
>
> Can somebody suggest me some guidelines to follow and some links too.

PostgreSQL supports WITH RECURSIVE as of 8.4 and higher.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/queries-with.html

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Re: Schema for Website Comments

From
Prabhat Kumar
Date:
http://www.ferdychristant.com/blog//archive/DOMM-7QJPM7

Today I need to create a schema for my application website that allows user comments too.

I think we have to maintain hierarchical data and it is very common as all sites are supporting this feature.

Can somebody suggest me some guidelines to follow and some links too.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Prabhat Kumar
MySQL DBA

My Blog: http://adminlinux.blogspot.com
My LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/profileprabhat

Re: Schema for Website Comments

From
Vibhor Kumar
Date:
On Jul 12, 2011, at 7:54 PM, Prabhat Kumar wrote:

> Today I need to create a schema for my application website that allows user comments too.
> I think we have to maintain hierarchical data and it is very common as all sites are supporting this feature.
> Can somebody suggest me some guidelines to follow and some links too.

I think you would like to go through following thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2010-04/msg00006.php

Presentation:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/images/9/91/Pguswest2008hnd.pdf

Thanks & Regards,