order by and view def.

From
salah jubeh

Hello,

There is something strange with the views definitions, I have "order by" statement amended to the views where the view is ordered by all the columns in the view. Is this a common behavior?

Ps: I am using postgresql 8.3

Regards

Re: order by and view def.

Date:
salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com> writes:
> There is something strange with the views definitions, I have "order by"
> statement amended to the views where the view is ordered by all the columns in
> the view. Is this a common behavior?

> Ps: I am using postgresql 8.3

If the views use SELECT DISTINCT, PG versions before 8.4 will force all
the DISTINCT columns to appear in the sort list.  That's an
implementation detail we got rid of in 8.4 ...

            regards, tom lane