PostgreSQL 9.0 users

From
Zhidong She
Date:
Hi all,

Could you please give us some typical users that already upgraded to
version 9.0?
We have a debate internally on choosing 8.4 or 9.0 as our product
backend database.

And if you have any performance benchmark result, I will highly appreciate.

Many thanks,
sheldon

Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 users

Date:
Zhidong She <zhidong.she@gmail.com> writes:
> We have a debate internally on choosing 8.4 or 9.0 as our product
> backend database.

Well, if it's about stability, a look at the commit logs will convince
you that 9.0 and 8.4 branches are now about on par for bug fix rate.
Since 9.0.4, I count 34 non-documentation patches applied to the 9.0
branch, and of these all but three were also patched in 8.4.  Of those
three, one was in a feature not available at all in 8.4 (walreceiver)
and the other two were very minor bugs.

            regards, tom lane

Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 users

From
Carlos Mennens

I don't have bench marks but upgraded from 8.4 to 9.0 and it works perfect. No performance issues or problems but I highly recommend 9.0.4!

On Jun 11, 2011 6:56 AM, "Zhidong She" <zhidong.she@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could you please give us some typical users that already upgraded to
> version 9.0?
> We have a debate internally on choosing 8.4 or 9.0 as our product
> backend database.
>
> And if you have any performance benchmark result, I will highly appreciate.
>
> Many thanks,
> sheldon

Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 users

From
Dmitriy Igrishin
Date:
Hey Zhidong,

Could you please give us some typical users that already upgraded to
version 9.0?
We have a debate internally on choosing 8.4 or 9.0 as our product
backend database.

We are switched our current development from 9.0 to 9.1 beta already
without any doubts.