Re: [ADMIN] Can we Flush the Postgres Shared Memory ?

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Mark Johnson
<mark@remingtondatabasesolutions.com> wrote:

> The contents of this email may not be copied or forwarded in part or in
> whole without the express written consent of the author.

Pleased to meet you Mark.

If you post here, the above disclaimer is not effective. Right now
your words are being copied across the internet...

Re: [ADMIN] Can we Flush the Postgres Shared Memory ?

From
Karsten Hilbert
Date:
On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 03:33:34PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:

> > The contents of this email may not be copied or forwarded in part or in
> > whole without the express written consent of the author.
>
> Pleased to meet you Mark.
>
> If you post here, the above disclaimer is not effective. Right now
> your words are being copied across the internet...

By typing / selecting a public list address "written consent
of the author" can be assumed to exist implicitely ;-)

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Re: [ADMIN] Can we Flush the Postgres Shared Memory ?

Date:
Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> writes:
> On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 03:33:34PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> If you post here, the above disclaimer is not effective. Right now
>> your words are being copied across the internet...

> By typing / selecting a public list address "written consent
> of the author" can be assumed to exist implicitely ;-)

Nonetheless, corporate lawyers who insist on such disclaimers on all
email are idiots, and make their company's employees look like idiots
as well.  Every disclaimer on obviously-public mail hastens the day
when such disclaimers will have no legal force whatsoever (if indeed
there's any left to them now).

            regards, tom lane

Re: [ADMIN] Can we Flush the Postgres Shared Memory ?

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 03/05/2011 16:08, Tom Lane wrote:
> Karsten Hilbert<Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>  writes:
>> On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 03:33:34PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
>>> If you post here, the above disclaimer is not effective. Right now
>>> your words are being copied across the internet...
>
>> By typing / selecting a public list address "written consent
>> of the author" can be assumed to exist implicitely ;-)
>
> Nonetheless, corporate lawyers who insist on such disclaimers on all
> email are idiots, and make their company's employees look like idiots
> as well.  Every disclaimer on obviously-public mail hastens the day
> when such disclaimers will have no legal force whatsoever (if indeed
> there's any left to them now).

I don't want to start a flame war, but did they every have any legal
force in the first place?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: [ADMIN] Can we Flush the Postgres Shared Memory ?

From
Peter Geoghegan
Date:
On 3 May 2011 16:49, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> I don't want to start a flame war, but did they every have any legal force
> in the first place?

No.

Re: [ADMIN] Can we Flush the Postgres Shared Memory ?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 5/3/2011 7:33 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:

> Pleased to meet you Mark.
>
> If you post here, the above disclaimer is not effective. Right now
> your words are being copied across the internet...

I believe our community needs to move past posting replies like this. It
isn't even relevant to the context of his question and makes us look
like a bunch of ideological buffoons.

JD