Problem with encoding

From
SUBHAM ROY
Date:
While loading data from shape files, the default encoding type is UTF8. It reports an error "couldn't convert to UTF8 ... change the encoding to latin1 ... etc."

So my question is, if one table say T1 is loaded using UTF8 and the other say T2 is loaded using say LATIN1, then does it impose any problem while querying, i.e. while running queries.

--
Thank You,
Subham Roy,

Re: Problem with encoding

From
John R Pierce
Date:
On 04/25/11 11:14 AM, SUBHAM ROY wrote:
> While loading data from shape files, the default encoding type is
> UTF8. It reports an error "couldn't convert to UTF8 ... change the
> encoding to latin1 ... etc."

what reported this?

> So my question is, if one table say T1 is loaded using UTF8 and the
> other say T2 is loaded using say LATIN1, then does it impose any
> problem while querying, i.e. while running queries.

different client_encoding, or server encoding?  you can't mix server
encodings, but the client could in theory switch client_encoding back
and forth as it executes various queries, that would be a pain in the butt.