stymied on postgresql upgrade

From
bkwiencien
Date:
I have postgresql 8.4 installed, and I would like to install 9.0.3.
But when I try I get:

error: Failed dependencies:
        postgresql < 7.4 conflicts with postgresql-
server-8.4.4-2PGDG.el5.i386

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Kwiencien

Re: stymied on postgresql upgrade

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 06:28 -0700, bkwiencien wrote:
> I have postgresql 8.4 installed, and I would like to install 9.0.3.
> But when I try I get:
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         postgresql < 7.4 conflicts with postgresql-
> server-8.4.4-2PGDG.el5.i386
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

You cannot install PostgreSQL 9.0 and 8.4 with RPMs on the same machine.
That functionality is available for RHEL 6 and Fedora 14+. Either
upgrade OS, or use sources for one of them.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ