poker tracker 3

From
Sébastien Beaulieu
Date:
Hello gang,

I'm using pokertracker3. I want to buy a new computer and my priority is that it runs as fast as possible. I have a question about SSD. If i buy a 300 Go SSD, will it gains performance compared to a 10000rpm velociraptor??? And is the durability of the SSD will be ok since I know that because of database needs, the SSD will always be writing and reading..?

Thanks for the info

Re: poker tracker 3

From
John R Pierce
Date:
On 04/16/11 10:46 AM, Sébastien Beaulieu wrote:
> Hello gang,
>
> I'm using pokertracker3. I want to buy a new computer and my priority
> is that it runs as fast as possible. I have a question about SSD. If i
> buy a 300 Go SSD, will it gains performance compared to a 10000rpm
> velociraptor??? And is the durability of the SSD will be ok since I
> know that because of database needs, the SSD will always be writing
> and reading..?

consumer priced SSD's are not safe for database use, unless they have a
'supercap' for write cache protection in case of power failure.  the
only disks that have this are the much more expensive ''enterprise''
grade SSD's like *some* of the Intel ones.    With a conventional
consumer SSD if your machine was to lose power while operating, there
would be a fairly high probability of your entire database being corrupted.