share directory on windows

From
Viliam Ďurina
Date:
Hello,

I wanted to install text search dictionaries on Windows 8.4 installation with the following command:

CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY skspell
      (template=ispell, dictfile = slovak_utf8, afffile=slovak_utf8, stopwords=slovak_utf8);

but got this error:
ERROR: could not open dictionary file "/usr/share/postgresql/8.4/tsearch_data/slovak_utf8.dict": No such file or
directory
SQL state: F0000

The file is located in c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\share\tsearch_data\slovak_utf8.dict. Is this an incorrect
location?Where is the correct location or how to point the database to look in my current location?

Thanks in advance,
Viliam

Re: share directory on windows

Date:
=?UTF-8?B?VmlsaWFtIMSOdXJpbmE=?= <viliam.durina@kios.sk> writes:
> I wanted to install text search dictionaries on Windows 8.4 installation with the following command:

> CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY skspell
>       (template=ispell, dictfile = slovak_utf8, afffile=slovak_utf8, stopwords=slovak_utf8);

> but got this error:
> ERROR: could not open dictionary file "/usr/share/postgresql/8.4/tsearch_data/slovak_utf8.dict": No such file or
directory

That's pretty bizarre.  Did you move the postgres executable relative to
the tsearch_data files?  It looks like you could get a hard-wired path
if you moved the executable out of its intended place.  It's still not
too clear to me why you got *that* hard-wired path though; I'd have
expected the built-in value to be something different from that in a
Windows build.  Whose build are you using?

            regards, tom lane

Re: share directory on windows

From
Viliam Ďurina
Date:
Sorry, my fault, I copied the dictionary files to my local windows installation, but was connected to our linux
installation.Connecting to the right server resolves the problem :)
Viliam