Custom install options via apt-get install on ubuntu

From
fjania
Date:
I'd like to pass configuration options to the postgres installer on
ubuntu if possible. Mostly I'm concerned about setting the location of
the data directory, and where the logs are stored.

I'm familiar with how to configure these after postgres has been
installed with the default settings, but it would save me some hassle
if I could do that as part of the installation itself. Is there a way
to pass those configuration options to the installer?

Re: Custom install options via apt-get install on ubuntu

From
Guillaume Lelarge
Date:
Le 16/03/2011 19:37, fjania a écrit :
> I'd like to pass configuration options to the postgres installer on
> ubuntu if possible. Mostly I'm concerned about setting the location of
> the data directory, and where the logs are stored.
>
> I'm familiar with how to configure these after postgres has been
> installed with the default settings, but it would save me some hassle
> if I could do that as part of the installation itself. Is there a way
> to pass those configuration options to the installer?

No, there's no way. You need to do it after the install.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: Custom install options via apt-get install on ubuntu

From
Gary Chambers
Date:
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011, fjania wrote:

> I'd like to pass configuration options to the postgres installer on ubuntu
> if possible. Mostly I'm concerned about setting the location of the data
> directory, and where the logs are stored.

You can with the pg_createcluster command.  It is an Ubuntu-specific command
that will assist in creating and managing multiple clusters on an Ubuntu
system.  You may also be interested in pg_ctlcluster, pg_lsclusters, and
pg_dropcluster.

-- Gary Chambers