Enable/Disable Triggers

From
"Andy Chambers"
Date:
Hi All,

Is it a big no-no to enable/disable triggers by manually setting
pg_trigger.tgenabled to 'D'?

--
Andy Chambers

Re: Enable/Disable Triggers

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 05:01:50PM -0400, Andy Chambers wrote:
> Is it a big no-no to enable/disable triggers by manually setting
> pg_trigger.tgenabled to 'D'?

No, but I seem to recall having seen corner cases where it didn't
work.  (This was the reason that in older versions of slony, slony
fooled with the system catalogues instead.)

You can use the replication_role control to prevent triggers firing.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca

Re: Enable/Disable Triggers

From
Vibhor Kumar
Date:
On Mar 16, 2011, at 2:31 AM, Andy Chambers wrote:

> Is it a big no-no to enable/disable triggers by manually setting pg_trigger.tgenabled to 'D'?

Not recommended to do anything with catalog tables. At the place of this use following command:
ALTER TABLE <tablename> DISABLE TRIGGER [ trigger_name | ALL | USER ]

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company