Best RDB book to suggest

From
Alpha Beta
Date:
Hi list,

As there's many developpers of databases in this list, I thought maybe someone can suggest me one of the best relational database books and that explain in a deep manner about all what concern relational databases.

Best regards,
Kamler Alphab

Re: Best RDB book to suggest

From
John R Pierce
Date:
On 02/15/11 10:39 AM, Alpha Beta wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> As there's many developpers of databases in this list, I thought maybe
> someone can suggest me one of the best relational database books and
> that explain in a deep manner about all what concern relational
> databases.

for the theory and fundamentals behind RDBMS, its hard not to mention
E.F. Codd's /The Relational Model for Database Management

/There's 100s of books on practical SQL, not sure there's any one I'd
suggest over the others.

Re: Best RDB book to suggest

From
Rich Shepard
Date:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, John R Pierce wrote:

>> As there's many developpers of databases in this list, I thought maybe
>> someone can suggest me one of the best relational database books and that
>> explain in a deep manner about all what concern relational databases.

> for the theory and fundamentals behind RDBMS, its hard not to mention E.F.
> Codd's /The Relational Model for Database Management

   This topic comes up fairly regularly. I suggest that A-B should search the
mail list archives to find books that I and others have recommended when
this question is asked.

Rich

Re: Best RDB book to suggest

From
Alpha Beta
Date:
Thanks for your advices :)

As there's many developpers of databases in this list, I thought maybe someone can suggest me one of the best relational database books and that explain in a deep manner about all what concern relational databases.

Best regards,
Kamler Alphab

A surprisingly good book in my opinion is "Using SQL", Rafe Colburn, ISBN 0-7897-1974-6