read and restore deleted record

From
"Muhammad Soultani"

Hi all..

Start from vacuum feature information from PGSQL helps documentation, it telling me that Postgresql didn’t delete data permanently when we execute delete command, it just made the data invalid. By following this email archive :

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2005-01/msg00176.php

I could get the table files, my question is, how could I read again the deleted record from that files.

Thank you and best regards,

Soultani

Re: read and restore deleted record

From
Emi Lu
Date:
> Start from vacuum feature information from PGSQL helps documentation, it
> telling me that Postgresql didn’t delete data permanently when we
> execute delete command, it just made the data invalid. By following this
> email archive :
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2005-01/msg00176.php
>
> I could get the table files, my question is, how could I read again the
> deleted record from that files.

I am interested to know it as well.

--
Lu Ying

Re: read and restore deleted record

From
pasman pasmański
Date:
You read the doc about archiving and pitr.