Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

From
RensGroen
Date:
Hi there,

I wanted to install postgreSQL on a Windows XP machine, but during the
install it says:
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n3315027/error.png

Anyone knows what to do? The user is an admin, and there is enough free disk
space to write for.

Thanks in advance.

Rens

Re: Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

From
ilpirata
Date:
PostgreSQL 8.3, 8.4 and 9.0 install on Windows seem to be failing for the
same reason (at least in my experience), but with different error messages
For 8.3 and 8.4 the error is "An error occurred executing the Microsoft VC++
runtime installer" whereas for 9.0 the error is "Unable to write inside TEMP
environment variable path"

In either case you need to enable Windows Scripting Host. If you don't know
how, the steps are here:
http://1stopit.blogspot.com/2011/01/postgresql-83-and-84-fails-to-install.html

Re: Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

From
kucoj
Date:
i solved this problem. follow this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFZnPw4p4eo

Re: Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

From
hello_world
Date:
there's another reason for this message. I solve this problem by installing
postgre in folder with name that have no spaces, such as C:\PostgreSQL