about scape characters

From
"Edmundo Robles L."
Date:
Hi!, maybe is a silly question but...

Exists some syntax standard to escape  especial characters on querys???

i mean, the notation E'\\   to  escape especial characters only works
in postgres (8.3.11) or this works on oracle, ms sql server too???

regards, eddie.

Re: about scape characters

From
Kenichiro Tanaka
Date:
Hello

I've used oracle for 10years,but I've never seen such notations.

In fact the SQL retuns an error .

<PostgreSQL>

postgres=# select E'\\';
  ?column?
----------
  \
(1 row)

<ORACLE(10.2.0)>

SQL> select E'\\' from dual;
select E'\\' from dual
         *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected

--Of cource,this SQL works.
SQL> select '\\' from dual;

'\
--