Will multiple CPU cores be used for expensive query

From
Allan Kamau
Date:
I would like to now if it is possible for PostgreSQL to make use of
multiple processes for a single query.
I am developing a data driven application which was a homemade plpgsql
function that identifies duplicate records(by single column) and
updates a boolean field (of these duplicates) as such.

Allan.

Re: Will multiple CPU cores be used for expensive query

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 10:19 +0300, Allan Kamau wrote:
> I would like to now if it is possible for PostgreSQL to make use of
> multiple processes for a single query.

No.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ