How can I get the English version?

From
Nils Gösche
Date:
Hi!

I am running PostgreSQL on a German Windows machine. Client programs like
psql and pgAdmin are printing German translation strings everywhere, even
though I told the installer to use English/United States locale. How can I
disable all translations and simply use the English version of all programs?

Nils Gösche

Re: How can I get the English version?

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Nils Gösche wrote on 19.02.2010 23:29:
> Hi!
>
> I am running PostgreSQL on a German Windows machine. Client programs like
> psql and pgAdmin are printing German translation strings everywhere, even
> though I told the installer to use English/United States locale. How can I
> disable all translations and simply use the English version of all programs?
>
> Regards,

set LC_MESSAGES=English

Regards
Thomas

Thomas wrote:

> set LC_MESSAGES=English

Yes, that works very well for psql, thanks!  However, pgAdmin is still in
German. Not even setting LC_ALL to en_US seems to help.  Any other trick?

Date:
Nils Gösche wrote on 20.02.2010 00:20:
>> set LC_MESSAGES=English
>
> Yes, that works very well for psql, thanks!  However, pgAdmin is still in
> German. Any other trick?

File -> Options -> User Language -> English

works for me

Thomas

Thomas wrote:

> File -> Options -> User Language -> English
>
> works for me

*groan*

I was looking at that dialog, but still missed that.  Thanks again!

Nils Gösche