Source RPMs for PostgreSQL 7.4.27 on RHEL4

From
Justin Pasher
Date:
It seems like I run into this problem with every new version release.

I'm having trouble finding the latest Postgres 7.4.27 source RPMs. I was
able to find the latest 8.1.19 source RPMS here
(http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.1/redhat/rhel-4-i386/), which I also
need, but the 7.4 source RPMs don't exist in a similar directory
structure (http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/7.4/redhat/rhel-4-i386/).

Any idea where I can grab the 7.4.27 source RPMs? Thanks.

--
Justin Pasher

Re: Source RPMs for PostgreSQL 7.4.27 on RHEL4

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 17:13 -0600, Justin Pasher wrote:
> It seems like I run into this problem with every new version release.
>
> I'm having trouble finding the latest Postgres 7.4.27 source RPMs. I was
> able to find the latest 8.1.19 source RPMS here
> (http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.1/redhat/rhel-4-i386/), which I also
> need, but the 7.4 source RPMs don't exist in a similar directory
> structure (http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/7.4/redhat/rhel-4-i386/).
>
> Any idea where I can grab the 7.4.27 source RPMs? Thanks.

We are in the process of provisioning a new RPMS machine and it is
taking us a little time. That said, I am not sure that we have any
desire to continue to build for 7.4. I will have to discuss it with the
team.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.

Re: Source RPMs for PostgreSQL 7.4.27 on RHEL4

Date:
Justin Pasher <justinp@newmediagateway.com> writes:
> Any idea where I can grab the 7.4.27 source RPMs? Thanks.

If you've got an SRPM for 7.4.n-1, it shouldn't be that hard to make
your own for 7.4.n.  The patches generally don't change much, if at
all, across minor releases.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Source RPMs for PostgreSQL 7.4.27 on RHEL4

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 17:13 -0600, Justin Pasher wrote:

> I'm having trouble finding the latest Postgres 7.4.27 source RPMs.

I just started uploading SRPMs to ftp.postgresql.org. It will take a few
hours to sync.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE

Date:

Date:
On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 08:45 +0200, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> I just started uploading SRPMs to ftp.postgresql.org. It will take a
> few hours to sync.

...and packages hit main FTP site.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE