Set the permissions while creating database, schema, and tables

From
dipti shah
Date:
Hi,

Could anyone please help me out here. I want to set the required permissions while creating PostGreSQL database, schema, and tables from stored procedures. Is it possible to do it while creating them?

I could see that "OWNER" option is there while creating database but couldn't see such option for schema or table. Please let me know if I missed out something.

CREATE DATABASE sales OWNER salesapp TABLESPACE salesspace;

With above command, can I grant permission to particular group of users?

Thanks,
Dipti

Re: Set the permissions while creating database, schema, and tables

From
John R Pierce
Date:
dipti shah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could anyone please help me out here. I want to set the required
> permissions while creating PostGreSQL database, schema, and tables
> from stored procedures. Is it possible to do it while creating them?
>
> I could see that "OWNER" option is there while creating database but
> couldn't see such option for schema or table. Please let me know if I
> missed out something.
>

>     CREATE DATABASE sales OWNER salesapp TABLESPACE salesspace;
>

> With above command, can I grant permission to particular group of users?

you would use the GRANT command to grant permissions

Re: Set the permissions while creating database, schema, and tables

From
dipti shah
Date:
That's I know but I was wondering if there is anyway to do it while creating itself.

Could anyone please help me out here. I want to set the required permissions while creating PostGreSQL database, schema, and tables from stored procedures. Is it possible to do it while creating them?

I could see that "OWNER" option is there while creating database but couldn't see such option for schema or table. Please let me know if I missed out something.

   CREATE DATABASE sales OWNER salesapp TABLESPACE salesspace;

 With above command, can I grant permission to particular group of users?

you would use the GRANT command to grant permissions

Re: Set the permissions while creating database, schema, and tables

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
dipti shah escribió:
> That's I know but I was wondering if there is anyway to do it while creating
> itself.

No.  You can wrap the CREATE and the GRANT/REVOKE into a transaction so
that the object doesn't appear to users until permissions have been
fixed.